PEZsnyak

I LOVE MY RABBI! I'm not Jewish... but my Rabbi is!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

I LOVE my Rabbi!

Monday, August 01, 2005

Dear Anonymous,

Anonymous! I'll call you "Adam" because it is shorter to type... If I have offended you, I am sincerely sorry, please accept my apologies. I never mean to offend anyone personally. It is true that I do poke fun at certain ideologies or theories, but I try never to hurt anyone's feelings. Two things you must know about me:

One, I'm almost always joking. Nothing I say is ever serious, yes there might be truth in the humor, there usually is, right? But it is almost always humor. The only time, on this blog anyway, that I am utterly serious is in the posts labeled "SBE". Sorry for any confusion. I forget that people I do not know might read this from time to time.

Two, My humor comes out of needing to deal with frustration. It's hard to live in a world that constantly tells you that your "world view" is totally ridiculous. I believe in Jesus, I love Him very much. I love His word and I believe that it is true; I believe in six days and on the seventh He rested; I believe there was an Adam and Eve and they lived in a Garden; I believe that there was a flood and an ark and there was two of every kind; I believe that He lead the Jews out of Egypt, brought the plagues and split the Sea; I believe that He gave them the land as an Inheritance; I believe that He foretold of His coming through the prophets; I believe that He came, tempted in the dessert, changed water to wine, healed disease, made the lame walk, blind to see; I believe that He was crucified at the hands of the Romans by the orders of the Jews, that He suffered, died and was buried... BUT... I also believe that on the third day He rose again! He conquered death, and the penalty for our sin was fulfilled; I believe that He accended into Heaven and is now at the Right Hand of the Father and sent a Helper to dwell in the hearts of those who believe; I believe that He will one day return as our glorious King, and that every knee will bow to worship.

Now, believing in God's Word, and living in a culture that is always saying, "God's word, Shmod's word!," especially when you know it is true, that is frustrating! Right? Did you ever get accused of lying, but you know you did not lie this time, pisses you off, correct? Well, this is same kind of thing. The way I deal with it, instead of punching someone, I make light of it and try write something funny from time to time (try being the operative word here)... At any rate, that is where I stand, I guess. I certainly did not mean to offend you, or to stain the name of the Holy One, or His followers. Those would be my deepest regrets.

Again, please accept my most humble apologies.

Thank you for reading!
Scott.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Support This Site Free Web Counters
Website Counter