PEZsnyak

I LOVE MY RABBI! I'm not Jewish... but my Rabbi is!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

I LOVE my Rabbi!

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

FUSION!

We've started a new Bible study ministry at CrossRoads Community Church(CCC), here in Chittenango. It's called Fusion. It's pretty rad. The Bible study is inter-congregational, the pastor team includes, but not limited to, Pastors Mick Keville and Gavin Carrier of CCC, Pastor Dan Maxfield of the First Baptist, and Pastor Dennis Doer of the First Presbyterian. Our target audience are the twenty-somethings though the mid thirty-somethings. Of course, however, no one would be turned away at the door.

Personally I am very excited about this whole adventure. Kim, Martina, Matt, Clayton and I have been working very hard to get this program under way. We've spent countless hours developing everything from a name (which was almost "Hunt For the Red Truth-tober") to coming up with mission and vision statements. We have also worked hard just trying to get the logistics of the whole thing down. None of us have really run a program like this, so we're finding out how all this works while we go; setting ambiance, setting the order of events, choosing which songs to sing, making power point slides. There is a lot more to it then you might think. Right now were struggling with getting some people to volunteer to watch the wee little ones that some of our friends might have. It makes it difficult for "breeders" to come if we cannot offer child care.

So, I hope that if you can come to Fusion you will. It's a great time with good teaching, good fellowship, and good worship.

See you there!

Thank you for reading!
Scott.

1 Comments:

Blogger Abby said...

Hey I want to come. And No way can you call mommy's "breeders" thats completely archaic. Sounds like fun though. What will you study? And ambiance? like candle lighting? Is this a romantic dinner with God? Hum can I dress up? :) Ok well thats all I've got because my thought process is bouncing around way too much!

12:58 AM, September 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Support This Site Free Web Counters
Website Counter